1. SCOPE AND CONTACT
- With the exception of editorial surveys and surveys issued in connection with our sponsored reports, we manage all surveys and competitions centrally so, if you participate in these surveys or competitions, the data controller of your personal data will be Jeremiah Daly Music. Editorial surveys and surveys issued in connection with our sponsored research reports are managed by our brands, meaning that, if you participate in these, the data controller will be the relevant brand company, as set out in the list above, who has issued the survey or competition.
- If you otherwise contact us or interact with us the data controller of your personal data will be Jeremiah Daly Music.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to browse our websites.
However, if you wish to register on our websites, subscribe to a service, book places at events, request further information, contact us, complete any surveys, participate in any online learning tools, enter competitions, or provide content for inclusion on our websites (e.g. blogs or other online forums) we will collect certain data, including personal data. The data we collect may include:
- title, name, address, business phone number(s), email address and gender;
- employment details, such as your current role and responsibilities, experience, seniority, salary and education;
- information about your organisation and the industry that you work in;
- areas of interest which you have notified us about, as well as what we can infer from your engagement with our products and services;
- your CV;
- your marketing preferences;
- your newsletter preferences;
- your job alert preferences;
- any data recoverable from social networking sites, where permission from you has been obtained; and
- any other information that you submit to us.
We may receive the above information directly from you or from your colleague or corporate contact who registers for a subscription or event on your behalf.
Please note that not all of the information we request is mandatory to provide you with the service. You are not required to provide any optional information.
Event filming and photography: We may photograph, film, broadcast or record our events in which case we may process information such as your voice, likeness and image if you are identifiable from such photograph, film, broadcast or recording.
3. HOW WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED AND SHARED?
In accordance with data protection legislation, we will only process your personal data where we have a lawful basis for doing so. These bases are: (i) where it is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you; (ii) where you have provided your consent; (iii) where it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation that we are subject to; or (iv) where it is in our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests and such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
The personal information we collect allows us to:
- provide the products and services you have ordered or signed-up to (necessary for a contract);
- register you for events and administer those events (including informing the venues where our events are hosted of any dietary or access requirements you may have told us about) (necessary for a contract and necessary to comply with our legal obligations);
- notify you of key information in relation to your subscription or any events you are attending (necessary for a contract and legitimate interests, of our customers, to ensure they are up to date with necessary information);
- verify your identity and details of your payment method or credit card amount (where payments are required) (necessary to comply with our legal obligations);
- administer our websites (such as access controls) and provide customer services (legitimate interests, of us and our customers, to ensure a good quality of service and security);
- aggregate information about you with other users (legitimate interests, of us, to better understand what services our users will be interested in);
- meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements (necessary to comply with our legal obligations);
- monitor and analyse the use of any account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime (legitimate interests, of us and our users, for security);
- gather information to form statistical and trend analysis including to monitor user demographic (legitimate interests, of us, so we can better understand those that use our products and services and improve our products, services, events and marketing practices);
- monitor your use of our products and services and attendance at events, as well as your responses to targeted direct marketing emails, in order to build up customer profiles (including through use of analytics software) (legitimate interests, of us, to help us identify content and marketing materials which will be of interest to you and other customers like you);
- monitor interactions at events including what exhibition stands are visited by attendees during events (legitimate interests, of us, to gain insights into our events and to help us better understand how best to run future events);
- communicate with you including responding to your enquiries (necessary for a contract, or consent);
- contact you to seek your feedback (legitimate interests, of us, in helping us improve);
- investigate any complaints about our websites, products, services or events (legitimate interests, for us and our customers, to ensure that we maintain high service levels);
- personalise your experience of our website, products, services and events, for example, by displaying targeted advertising and content which we believe likely to be relevant and of interest to you (please see below for further details) (legitimate interests, of our advertising partners, so that they can show you the most appropriate adverts); and
- provide you with the prize for competitions you enter and win (necessary for a contract) and to comply with regulatory requirements to disclose a competition winner’s name and county (necessary to comply with our legal obligations).
Our own marketing: We may from time to time contact you by email, SMS, telephone or post about our products and services (including from all our brands within our business) that may be of interest to you (legitimate interests, of us, to promote our products and services, and of our customers, to keep them up to date with promotions, events and subscriptions which may be relevant to their professions and job roles). Further information about such marketing is below.
From the brand with whose website or event you registered: We will also use your personal information to send you business-to-business marketing about products, services and events of the brand with whose website or event you have registered.
From other brands within our business: We may also send you business-to-business marketing about products, services and events of other brands within our business which we think may be of interest to you.
Promoting our and our clients and sponsors’ content and events: We contact existing customers and other business professionals we have identified as having a potential interest in our and our cleints and sponsor’s content and events (including those whose details have been provided to us by third party data providers) in order to promote that content and those events to them. This is in the legitimate commercial interests of us and our clients and sponsors in order to ensure the content and events reach as many relevant people as possible and to encourage greater engagement with the content and events.
Opting-out: Our customers and potential customers always have the right to let us know that they no longer want to be contacted for marketing purposes. If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving such marketing communications from us, or would like to change the channels that we use to contact you, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any emails you receive, or email us, stating your preferences, at [email protected]
Third party marketing: We may share your registration information (including name, job title and contact details) with third parties for marketing purposes, where you have provided consent for us to do so or otherwise in the circumstances set out below and in the “other ways in which we use and share your personal information” section.
Our site contains links to other websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your personal information.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- a right of access to your personal data held by us;
- a right to receive your personal data in machine-readable format;
- a right to object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on legitimate interests (or those of a third party) for a particular purpose and you believe your circumstances mean you are unjustifiably prejudiced by this processing and where we do not have compelling legitimate interests to override such objection;
- a right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for the purpose of direct marketing) and you can find out more information about how to unsubscribe or adjust your marketing preferences in Paragraph 3 above.
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means which significantly affects you;
- a right in certain circumstances to have personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- a right to complain to your data protection supervisory authority.
These rights can be exercised by contacting us at [email protected] In order to protect you, we reserve the right to verify your identity before processing any such request.
If you are unsure about your rights you should contact your data protection supervisory authority. In the UK this will be the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you contact us in relation to your rights we will do our best to accommodate your request or objection. Please note, however, that not all rights are absolute.